Zirconium resources are highly concentrated across the globe. A overwhelming majority of zirconium ore reserves are in the hands of Austrilia and South Africa which made up 80.96% of the global total in 2013. In 2013, the gross reserves of zirconium ore resources in China hit 500,000 tons, standing at less than 1% of the world’s total, largely spreading in Southeasten coastal regions like Hainan, Guangdong and Guangxi as well as Southwesten regions such as Sichuan and Yunnan. In recent years, China has made continuous efforts in launching uhligite exploitation projects in overseas countries such as Mozambique and Indonesia progressively.
Zirconium is widely applied in such fields as ceramics, chemicals, casting and CRT TV kinescope glass. In 2013, the demand for zirconium for ceramics use accounted for 54%, while the demand for chemicals and casting use made up 28% all together. Zirconium chemicals find wide application in chemical engineering, textile, papermaking, cosmetics and electronics industries. China, as a manufacturing hub in the world, is fueld by the robust development of aforementioned sectors.
China boasts the world’s largest processing base of primary zirconium. In 2013, 90% zirconium oxychloride and zirconium silicate in the world were produced and processed in China, of which, above 85% were exported to the United States, Japan and Europe for the production of ceramics, zirconium dioxide products and nuclear-grade zirconium sponge.
There are a host of zirconium products enterprises in China, with the most competitive including Guangdong Orient Zirconic Ind Sci & Tech Co., Ltd.,Asia Zirconium Limited, Zhejiang Shenghua Biok Biology, JIANGXI KINGAN HI-TECH.CO, LTD.
In 2013, the total zirconium product capacity of Guangdong Orient Zirconic Ind Sci & Tech Co., Ltd., surpassed 70,000 tons, involving 18,000 tons of zirconium silicate, 35,000 tons of zirconium oxychloride, and 7,000 tons of zirconium dioxide. And the annual output value of Zirconia structural ceramics outnumbered RMB100 million. All this made the company become one among the industrial players with strongest core competitiveness. In the same year, Zhejiang Zr-Valley Science & Technology Co Ltd, a holding subsidary under Zhejiang Shenghua Biok Biology, realized the capaicty of 30,000 tons-plus zirconium series products, of which, 90% were marketed in the overseas market.
The report sheds light on the followings:
- Development of global zirconium industry, including analysis on reserves and output and main suppliers;
- Development of China zirconium industry, including reserves, output and competition pattern;
- Development environment of China zirconium industry, including laws and regulations, import and export, etc.;
- Segmented product markets of China zirconium industry, including analysis on traditional zirconium products market, metal zirconium products and emerging zirconium product market;
- Operation, zirconium business of 11 leading zirconium products enterprises in China, including Guangdong Orient Zirconic Ind Sci & Tech Co., Ltd., Asia Zirconium Limited, Zhejiang Shenghua Biok Biology, JIANGXI KINGAN HI-TECH.CO, LTD., Huashen Titanium Industry, Jinzhou Metal, Zibo Guangtong Chemical Co.,Ltd., Shandong Shenzhou Zirconium Industry, Aohan China Titanium Industry, Shanghai Gaotai, and State Nuclear Baoti Zirconium Industry.