The European marine generator set market is mature, thus, has slow growth. Much of the shipbuilding activities have migrated to the Asian countries of South Korea, China, and Japan. Eurozone recession, combined with financing difficulties, is affecting demand for new vessels and, thus, gensets used in Europe. However, Europe has its competitive advantage in building advance ships. Moreover, oil and gas exploration and production activities and growth in renewable energy (especially offshore wind) are key driving factors for ships and vessel production and, thus, gensets in the European market. The study is from 2010 to 2017 and the base year is 2012.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- Which companies are the key competitors and how are they positioned in the base year in the European marine genset market?
- Which power ranges offer the best prospects for growth in the future?
- Are there many stakeholders involved in this market? What is the most popular route to market?
- What are the important drivers and restraints for this market?
- What are the key factors influencing the choice of an engine supplier in this market and what are the key purchasing criteria?