• Retailer Value Proposition
• Contactless Card Challenges
• Adoption and Usage Forecasts
As contactless card schemes such as Visa’s payWave and MasterCard’s PayPass gain traction across Europe and Asia, Juniper’s new Market Prospects report provides an essential guide to the key drivers and trends shaping this dynamic sector, together with an assessment of growth prospects by region.
Including an analysis of the primary challenges facing the industry, this report explores the opportunities for players across the contactless payment value chain, both in the retail and ticketing sectors. An accompanying product, the Contactless Payment Cards IFxl (Interactive Forecast Excel), is also available
Juniper delivers an in-depth series of forecasts on the contactless payment industry. The Market Prospects study includes 10 tables and 6 charts, providing forecasts for 8 key regions including:
• Payment Cards In Issue
• Contactless Payment Cards In Issue and In Use
• Average Usage Levels
• Average Payment Level
• Total Transaction Volumes and Values
The Contactless Payment Cards IFxl contains country-level forecasts for 8 key national markets (US, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, UK, Poland and Turkey) in more than 1,500 datapoints.
• Which markets have demonstrated strongest adoption of contactless payment cards?
• How does contactless payment represent a strong retail value proposition?
• To what extent will EMV (Europay, MasterCard, Visa) migration benefit contactless payment in the US?
• What are the key challenges constraining contactless payment adoption?
• How many cards will be used for contactless payment this year? And how many by 2018?
• How do contactless card transaction values compare with those for NFC (Near Field Communications) handset payments over the next five years?