In Brazil, sewage treatment rate is considerably low, as only 30-35% of sewage was treated in 2012. Low sewage collection & treatment rate, and poor connectivity of sewage with households creates considerable opportunity for wastewater treatment plant installers in Brazil. Only 40-45% of total households in Brazil are connected to sewage network. Poor water distribution and sanitation facilities are among the major factors driving the market for wastewater treatment in the country. Though growing industrialization is contributing to the growth of the country’s economy, this is also leading to increase in water pollution levels due to direct disposition of untreated industrial wastes into the rivers. In addition, Brazil is the second largest producer of ethanol after the United States. On an average, for 50 million gallons of ethanol production, about 150-250 million gallons water is required. Rising environmental regulations towards reuse of water and water scarcity is driving the growth of wastewater treatment plants in Brazil.
According to “Brazil Wastewater Treatment Plants Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2018”, the wastewater treatment plants market in Brazil touched USD 1.72 billion in 2012 due to rising gap between water demand & supply, and implementation of stringent regulations for reuse of water. With about 189.7 liters per person per day, the southeast region of Brazil dominates in terms of per capita water consumption, while the figure for the northeast region stands at around 120.6 liters per person per day. The rising per capita water consumption in southeast Brazil makes the region a promising market. Municipal wastewater treatment plants market accounts for a majority of market demand compared to the industrial segment as a result of rising surface water contamination. However, the industrial wastewater treatment plants market is also witnessing growth due to high industrial water tariffs. Sewage utility companies such as Copasa, Sabesp, and Sanepar are expanding their water & sewage networks, which in turn, is contributing to the growth of wastewater treatment plant installers. Installers such as Xylem, Veolia, FOZ and Degremont are the leading players in the Brazilian wastewater treatment plants market. “Brazil Wastewater Treatment Plant Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2018” discusses the following aspects related to wastewater treatment plants market in Brazil:
• Brazil Waste water Treatment Plants Market Size, Share & Forecast
• Segmental Analysis - Industrial and Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants Market
• Policy & Regulatory Environment
• Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
• Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
• To gain an in-depth understanding of waste water treatment plants market in Brazil
• To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
• To help industry consultants, wastewater treatment plant installers and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies
• To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing materials
• To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs.
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with wastewater treatment plant installers and utility companies. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Analyst access from TechSci Research
All report purchases include up to 45 minutes telephone time with our Industry Analyst, who will help you to link key findings in the report with the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within two months of purchasing the report.