• HCE Impact Assessed
• Prognosis for iWallet
• Benchmark Industry Forecasts
This fourth edition of Juniper’s market leading report, and accompanying IFxl, assesses not only the opportunities for NFC stakeholders, but also explores the wider mobile contactless marketplace, analysing the impact on the ecosystem of disruptive factors such as HCE (Host Card Emulation) and the likely launch of Apple’s iWallet.
It highlights the key trends and drivers across the contactless space, while offering an assessment of the primary challenges facing the industry. It also delivers prognoses on the viability of prevalent and emerging contactless business models.
Expert analysis is backed up by interviews with and commentaries from leading players across the contactless payments industry, including Ingenico, NXP, Oberthur, Proxama, SAP, SimplyTapp, VeriFone and Visa Europe.
Juniper delivers the benchmark forecasts on the mobile contactless industry. The report includes 36 tables and 36 charts, providing forecasts for both NFC and iWallet payments for 8 key regions including:
• Devices Enabled for Contactless Payment
• Devices in Use for Contactless Payment
• Average Usage Levels
• Average Payment Level
• Total Transaction Volumes and Value
Additional forecasts are included for NFC ticketing transaction volumes and values (split by air, rail, metro/bus and sports/event ticketing), together with top-line forecasts for NFC coupons.
Interactive Forecast Excel
Juniper Research’s highly granular IFxls (Interactive Forecast Excels) enable clients to manipulate Juniper’s forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions, perform what-if analysis; and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients’ ability both to understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.
The Mobile Contactless Payments IFxl 2014-2018, contains additional forecast granularity, including country-level forecasts for NFC handset adoption by 36 countries (including China, France, Germany, UK, US and South Korea). Overall, it contains 50 tables featuring more than 3,000 datapoints.
• How will the development of HCE-based SE solutions impact on the medium term prospects for HCE? And which NFC stakeholders stand to benefit?
• What effect will the deployment of iWallet have on the wider mobile contactless space?
• What are the key retailer benefits from NFC/contactless payment?
• Which strategies should NFC stakeholders deploy to maximise their opportunity from contactless payment?
• What are the key challenges facing the NFC industry?
• Which markets will see the strongest growth in mobile contactless transactions over the next 5 years? And why?