The “Games Market in India” study covers the online, mobile and casual computer games market. India has always attracted attention with a fast-growing economy, large English-speaking middle-class and a thriving information technology (IT) sector. There has been extensive investments in India's digital entertainment sector with new product launches and a proliferation in the number of mobile titles.
Does the hype match actual market conditions? Can companies turn a profit in the market?
This study includes metrics such as market sizing, online games concurrent numbers, PC and Internet penetration, along with in-depth discussion of trends and market players covering online, casual, social, and mobile games.
Topics covered include:
- Mobile games including smartphone penetration, Apple in India, game operators and business models
- PlayStation 4 Launch
- Key metrics such as the size of the online games market in India, Internet, broadband and PC penetration
- Facebook and social games in India
- Inhibitors and drivers to market growth, analysis of the Indian middle class
- Discussion of Internet cafes and their role in the online games market
- Profiles of key players
- Comparison of China and India's online games market
- Examination of MMOs, casual and mobile games currently in the market