Video games are electronic games that include a video device for human interaction with the user interface of the game. The video device might be a mobile display, PC monitor, or TV. The electronic systems used to play video games are known as platforms. The different types of platforms are TVs, consoles, mobile devices, PCs, and others. There are various types of games available for different gaming platforms. The video games are available in two major formats; Physical and Digital. The physical format comes in a physical disc, which is used while playing the game. The digital format is the one in which the game is downloaded and requires no physical disc to play. TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Digital Game market to grow at a CAGR of 21.96 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Covered in this Report
The Global Digital Game market covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the Global Digital Game market for the period 2014-2018. To calculate market size, the report considers consumer spending on new console games (home and handheld games), personal computer games, and mobile games in digital format. The category excludes spending on the hardware used for playing the games. TechNavio's report, the Global Digital Game Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas, and the EMEA and APAC regions; it also covers the Global Music and Video market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
• Americas • EMEA • APAC
• Activision Blizzard Inc. • Electronic Arts Inc. • Gameloft SA • Giant Interactive Group Inc. • Konami Corp. • Microsoft Corp. • NCSOFT Corp. • Nexon Co. Ltd. • Nintendo Co. Ltd. • Rovio Entertainment Ltd. • Sony Computers Entertainment Inc. • Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. • Ubisoft Entertainment SA
Other Prominent Vendors
• 4A Games • 5th Cell Media • Access Games • ACE Team • Active Gaming Media • Aeria Games and Entertainment • Anino Games • Ankama Games • Asobo Studio • Behavior Interactive • Bungie • CCP hf • Cellufun • Changyou.com • CipSoft • Cryptic Studios • Digital Chocolate • Disney Interactive • eGames • GameHouse • Gamelion • Glu Games • gPotato • GungHo Entertainment • HandyGames • India Games • Infinity Ward • Jagex Games Studio • Joymax • Kabam • Kiloo ApS • Level-5 • MercurySteam Entertainment • Microsoft Studio • Minh Chau • Mitchell • Namco Bandai Games • NetEase • Oberon Media • OGPlanet • Perfect World • Punch Entertainment • Redboss • Rockstar North • Rocksteady Studios • Sega • Shanda Interactive Entertainment • Softnyx • Sony Computer Entertainment • Sony Online Entertainment • Square Enix Holdings • SYBO Games • Syn Sophia • Tencent Holdings • The Lego Group • Turbine • Visual Concepts • Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment • Zynga
• Growing Use of Smartphones and Tablets for Playing Games. • For a full, detailed list, view our report.
• Lack of Broadband Infrastructure. • For a full, detailed list, view our report.
• Development of Hardware Platforms. • For a full, detailed list, view our report.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
• What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be? • What are the key market trends? • What is driving this market? • What are the challenges to market growth? • Who are the key vendors in this market space? • What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors? • What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
You can request one free hour of our analyst’s time when you purchase this market report. Details are provided within the report.