India has been facing considerable challenges in addressing safe drinking water requirements for the last few decades. Poor quality of water supplied by the civic authorities still remains a challenge in the country that has the second largest population across the globe. In India, Diarrhoea, a disease resulting from consumption of contaminated water, is the cause of about 13% deaths among children below 5 years of age. These factors are buoying the demand for water purifiers in India. Water purifier is no longer a high-end electronic product, limited to affluent households as it is available at lower prices and has started to penetrate into the country’s middle income group as well as rural households over the last five years. Water purifier manufacturers are also developing and positioning products to target the middle income and rural households. However, in comparison to developed countries like the US, water purifiers still have a long way to go in India.
India being a price sensitive market, consumers prefer buying low-cost products, which is creating opportunities for many small water purifier manufacturers to foray into the market. Most of the existing as well as new players are focused on RO based water purifiers, which is the fastest growing segment of the water purifier market in the country.
According to the report, “India Water Purifier Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”, the water purifier market in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 15% until 2019. The market is expected to be driven by rising product awareness across urban as well as rural centers. High metal content in water sources in states such as West Bengal, Bihar, Rajasthan, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh is further augmenting the water purifier demand in various Tier II and Tier III cities across these states. Till recently, rural markets in India weren’t on the radars of purifier companies, predominantly due to vast presence of low income consumer in rural pockets coupled with weak sales and distribution networks of the companies in these areas. However, various companies with innovative low-cost products are now aggressively targeting the country’s rural market, particularly in offline water purifier segment. “India Water Purifier Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019” report elaborates following particulars about water purifier market in India:
• India Water Purifier Market Size, Share and Forecast
• Segmental Analysis - RO, UV and Filter based Water Purifier Market Size & Forecast
• Policy & Regulatory Landscape
• Pricing Analysis & Sales Channel Analysis
• Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
• Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
• To gain an in-depth understanding of water purifier market in India
• To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the coming years
• To help industry consultants, water purifier manufacturers and stakeholder align their market-centric strategies
• To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing material
• To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
• To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with water purifier manufacturers, distributors and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.