India is a water stressed country, characterized by low per capita availability of fresh water. As per estimates from the Government of India, per capita water availability in the country is forecast to decrease from 1,545 cubic meters in 2011 to about 1,500 cubic meters by 2025. Moreover, with increasing contamination level in different water sources, availability of fresh water for process applications, primarily in water intensive industries, is shrinking rapidly. Consequently, the government and industry players are readily adopting desalination technology, which holds the potential to provide a sustainable and economical alternative to conventional water treatment technologies. Plant operators are increasingly inclining towards desalination technology for water recycling and treatment purposes. The desalination plant market in India is majorly influenced and driven by growing urbanization, increasing technological innovations and rising support from government as well as private players. In addition, use of renewable energy sources and energy efficient technologies, coupled with private financing options, is contributing towards strong growth in the desalination plant market in India.
According to “India Desalination Plant Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”, the desalination plant market in India is projected to register a CAGR of around 19%till 2019, growing at a faster rate than the global desalination plant market during the same period. The India desalination plant market is dominated by the industrial sector, in terms of number of plants installed, while the municipal sector dominates the market in terms of total plant installed capacity. The Southern and Western states in India have high number of desalination plants due to the presence of several municipal bodies and heavy industries in those regions. Desalination plants in Southern states have been majorly installed by government institutions, while those in the Western states such as Gujarat and Maharashtra have been installed by industries. Moreover, the overall industry sentiment in India has improved with the formation of Narendra Modi-led government at the center, who is being viewed as a technology and investment harbinger for the Indian corporate sector. This is expected to spell growth for diverse industries, including the desalination plant market, primarily RO based desalination technology market in India. “India Desalination Plant Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019’’ discusses the following aspects related to desalination plant market in India:
• India Desalination Plant Market Size, Share & Forecast
• Segmental & End User Industry Analysis
• Policy & Regulatory Landscape
• Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
• Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
• To gain an in-depth understanding of desalination plant market in India
• To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
• To help industry consultants, desalination plants installers and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies
• To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing materials
• To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs.
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with desalination plant installers and industry personnel. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications such as company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.