The smart grid storage technology refers to the method used to store electricity on a large scale with integration of smart grid system. The electricity is stored during off-peak load hours and is delivered during on-peak load hours. The smart grid storage technology enables to balance demand-supply mismatch and reduces power outages. Lead-acid, sulphur, lithium-ion, supercapacitors, and flow wheel storage technologies are main five types of storage technologies used in the smart grid system.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Smart Grid Storage Technologies market to grow at a CAGR of 38 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Covered in this Report
The report covers the segmentation of the Global Smart Grid Storage Technologies market on the bases of Technology and Geography. The Technology segment consists of lead-acid, sulphur, lithium-ion, supercapacitors, and flow wheel and the Geography segment includes the Americas, the APAC, and the EMEA region. TechNavio's report, the Global Smart Grid Storage Technologies Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas, the APAC and EMEA regions; it also covers the Global Smart Grid Storage Technologies market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
• Americas • APAC • EMEA
• Altairnano • Beacon Power • Ice Energy • Xtreme Power
Other Prominent Vendors
• ABB Ltd • Amber Kinetics • GE Energy Storage • Highview Power Storage • PolyPlus Battery Company • Samsung SDI Energy • Sumitomo
Key Market Driver
• Growing Power Consumption • For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Market Challenge
• High Cost of Installation • For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Market Trend
• Increasing Integration of Renewable Energy • For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Questions Answered in this Report
• What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be? • What are the key market trends? • What is driving this market? • What are the challenges to market growth? • Who are the key vendors in this market space? • What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors? • What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?