Hydro-pumped Storage is an altered use of conventional hydropower technology to store and manage energy. Hydro pumped storage projects store electricity by circulating water between an upper and lower reservoir. The electric energy is converted to potential energy and stored in the form of water at an upper elevation. Pumping the water uphill for temporary storage recharges the battery and during periods of high electricity demand the stored water is released back through the turbines and converted back to electricity like a conventional hydropower station. Current pumped storage cycle efficiencies exceed 80 percent comparing favourably to other energy storage technologies and thermal technologies which have comparatively lower efficiency.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Hydro-pumped Storage Plants Market to grow at a CAGR of 6.6 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Covered in this Report
TechNavio's report, the Global Hydro-pumped Storage Plants Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Global Hydro-pumped Storage Plants Market forecast and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes technology overview along with the geographical segmentation of Global Hydro-pumped Storage Plants Market. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
• Canyon Industries Inc. • Hong Kong Pumped Storage Development Company Limited • Sulzer • Toshiba Corp. • Tractebel Engineering
• Ensuring Energy Storage • For a full, detailed list, view our report.
• Regulatory Timeline for Construction of New Projects • For a full, detailed list, view our report.
• Technological Advancements • For a full, detailed list, view our report.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
• What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be? • What are the key market trends? • What is driving this market? • What are the challenges to market growth? • Who are the key vendors in this market space? • What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors? • What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?