Solar PV is the method of generating electricity through the conversion of solar radiation using semiconductors that exhibit PV effect. PV power generation uses solar panels composed of a number of solar cells containing a PV material. Materials presently used for PV include monocrystalline silicon, polycrystalline silicon, amorphous silicon, cadmium telluride, and copper indium gallium selenide/sulfide. The conventional way of power generation through fossil fuels is continuously depleting, and it also causes environmental hazards. As a result, the eco-friendly renewable methods of power generation such as solar PV have become popular over the last decade. Solar PV power is generated by the monocrystalline silicon method, which is the most efficient and less expensive. Solar PV power is a good option because its source, solar energy, is free and even the maintenance cost is negligible. TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Solar PV market to grow at a CAGR of 20.3 percent over the period 2013-2018.
Covered in this Report
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the Global Solar PV market for the period 2013-2018. The report includes the segmentation of the Global Solar PV market based on the following criteria: technology, end-user, and geography. TechNavio's report, the Global Solar PV Market 2014-2018, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas, and the APAC and EMEA regions; it also covers the Global Solar PV market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
• Americas • APAC • EMEA
• First Solar • Suntech Power Holdings • Yingli Green Energy Holding • Trina Solar
Other Prominent Vendors
• Bosch Solar Energy • Canadian Solar • Dyesol • EniPower • E-Ton Solar Tech • ET Solar • Evergreen Solar • Flisom • GE Energy • Global Solar Energy • Hanwha SolarOne • Hitachi Metals America • Isofoton • JA Solar Holdings • JinkoSolar Holding • Kyocera • LDK Solar • Matrix Solar Technologies • MiaSole • Mitsubishi Electric • Moser Baer Solar • Motech Industries • Nanosolar • Primestar Solar • Q-Cells • REC Solar • ReneSola • Ritek • Sanyo Solar • Schott Solar • Schuco USA • Sharp Solar Energy Solutions Group • Signet Solar • Siliken • SunPower
Key Market Driver
• Increase in Government Support • For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Market Challenge
• Seasonal Fluctuation in Solar Power Availability • For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Market Trend
• Increase in Investment by Governments • For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Questions Answered in this Report
• What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be? • What are the key market trends? • What is driving this market? • What are the challenges to market growth? • Who are the key vendors in this market space? • What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors? • What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?