India has been witnessing a significant rise in power demand for the past few decades on account of rapid growth in population, industrialization and urbanization. The government has taken up various initiatives including Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) for electrification of rural pockets of India, which has spurred significant investments in the country’s power sector. Notable technological upgrades are underway to reinforce the country’s transmission and distribution network, which would continue to drive the demand for power and distribution transformers in India. Considering the negative impact of these technological developments on the environment, the industry has been undergoing a paradigm shift towards green technologies. As a result, transformer manufacturers in India as well as in other countries have started investing heavily towards their research and development efforts. Foreign players, especially Chinese and Korean electrical equipment manufacturers, have captured almost one fourth of Indian transformers market, mainly in EHV and UHV class power transformers, as the products offered by them are considered cheaper and technologically advanced.
According to “India Power & Distribution Transformers Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020”, the power and distribution transformers market in India is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 10% till 2020. Power transformers contribute a major portion in overall market revenues due to their higher price points. Under the 12th five year plan (2012-2017), Indian government allocated US$ 200 billion for strengthening the country’s power generation, transmission and distribution sector. One of the major developments underway includes the country’s shift from 765 kV to 1200 kV power transmission. This, in turn, is fueling the demand for EHV and UHV class power transformer installations throughout the country. India is also focusing on use of alternative energy resources like nuclear and solar energy for power generation, which is expected to further boost transformer deployments in the country in the coming years. “India Power & Distribution Transformers Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020” report elaborates following particulars:
• India Power & Distribution Transformers Market Size, Share & Forecast
• Segment Analysis - Power Transformer (5.1MVA to 50MVA; 50.1 to 160 MVA; 160.1 to 350 MVA; and above 350 MVA) & Distribution Transformer (up to 100 KVA; 100.1 to 315 KVA; 315.1 to 5000 KVA)
• Policy & Regulatory Landscape
• Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
• Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
• To gain an in-depth understanding of power & distribution transformers market in India.
• To identify on-going trends and anticipated growth in the coming years.
• To help industry consultants, power equipment manufacturers, vendors and dealers to align their market-centric strategies
• To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
• To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
• To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with transformer manufacturing companies and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.