• Expansive Phablet & Hybrid Forecasts
• Extensive Value Chain Assessment
• Evaluation of Device and Ecosystem Trends
The fourth edition of Juniper’s expanded Tablets, Phablets & Hybrids report and associated IFxl (Interactive Forecast Excel), build on previous editions’ insights to include a more detailed value chain analysis and granular forecasts, alongside a thorough examination of developments and trends in hardware, software and usage for these devices. Particular attention is paid to the newer phablets and hybrids and how their use will change the mobile computing ecosystem.
The report discusses the implications of current developments for all players in the mobile device value chain, providing invaluable insight and perspectives on changes in the market and how stakeholders across the ecosystem can maximise the potential these advances offer.
The IFxl contains all regional and sector forecasts from this report, together with additional country level forecasts for Canada, China, Germany, Japan, South Korea, US, and UK.
What This Report Covers
This report discusses how advances and increased use of all these device types interact with each other and the existing smartphone market, both from a product and user perspective. The different positions and variations in product that ecosystem players can now implement to take advantage of this interaction and interoperability are discussed.
Juniper investigates which drivers and hurdles are apparent for these device markets, as well as the differences in usage trends across geographies and how these local variations are likely to affect the adoption of different devices. The report also provides advice on how stakeholders can optimise device products and services for these different markets.
New & Expanded Forecast Suite
With 25 forecast tables in the report, this study provides an extensive breakdown for the tablet, phablet and hybrid markets:
• Device installed base and shipments for each device type (tablets, phablets and hybrids)
• Regional average selling price and revenue forecasts (tablets, phablets and hybrids)
• Device revenue (tablets, phablets and hybrids)
• Vendor share of shipments for tablets (Apple, ASUS, Lenovo, Samsung, Others), phablets (Apple, Samsung, Huawei, Others) and hybrids (ASUS, Dell, Microsoft, Others)
• Operating System share of shipments for tablets (iOS, Android, Windows, HTML5-based, Others), phablets (iOS, Android, Windows, Other) and hybrids (Android, Windows, Other)
• Price band and screen size splits of shipments for tablets
Expert Stakeholder Analysis
The report includes 6 case studies & 12 vendor profiles, detailing the portfolios and unique features of a range of stakeholders in this expanded mobile ecosystem. This is complemented by strategic insight into their future expansion and the best opportunities offered for them in this marketplace.
Tablets, Phablets & Hybrids IFxl (Interactive Forecast Excel) 2014-2019
Juniper Research’s highly granular IFxls enable clients to manipulate Juniper’s forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions, perform what-if analysis; and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients’ ability both to understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.
This IFxl, with 88 Tables; 12 What-if-analyses; and over 5,000 data points, provides additional market data for the following countries: Canada, China, Germany, Japan, South Korea, US, and UK.