Asia-Pacific was the largest regional market, accounting for 45.7% of the global cranes, lifting and handling equipment market in 2013. It was followed by Europe and North America, with respective shares of 33.6% and 11.9%. Recovery in European and North American countries, and development in Middle Eastern economies due to economic diversification are expected to support the market’s expansion over the forecast period. The market shares in Europe, North America, Latin America and the Middle East are expected to reach 35.4%, 12.5%, 6.3% and 3.0% respectively in 2018 – up from 2013 – while Asia-Pacific’s share is forecast to reach 42.7%.
This report provides detailed market analysis, information, trends, issues and insights into the global cranes, lifting and handling equipment market, including:
• The regional and global cranes, lifting and handling equipment market’s growth prospects by category
• Analysis of the Asia-Pacific, Middle East, North America, Latin America and Europe markets, with country-level data
• Critical insight into impacts on the market through comparative analysis of country-level data
• Company profiles of key companies operating in the cranes, lifting and handling equipment market
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global cranes, lifting and handling equipment market:
• Historical (2009-2013) and forecast (2014-2018) valuations of the cranes, lifting and handling equipment market in Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Europe, North America and Latin America.
• Construction, cranes and overhead lifting equipment, lifting trucks, lift and skip hoists, winches, elevators and conveyors and parts and accessories
• Breakdown of values at country level, covering 44 countries
• Analysis of key events and factors driving the global cranes, lifting and handling equipment market
Reasons to Buy
• Identify and evaluate market opportunities using Timetric's standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
• Assess market growth potential at a micro-level via review data and forecasts at category and country level
• Understand the latest industry and market trends
• Formulate and validate business strategies by leveraging critical and actionable insight
• Assess business risks, including cost, and competitive pressures
• The Asia-Pacific cranes, lifting and handling equipment market recorded a review-period CAGR of 4.42%. China held the largest share of the Asia-Pacific market in 2013, with 54.1%, followed by South Korea, Japan, Australia and India with 15.9%, 13.6%, 6.5% and 4.3% respectively
• The European cranes, lifting and handling equipment market covers the markets of 26 European countries. Germany held the largest share with 19.3%, followed by France, Russia, the UK, Italy and Belgium with 11.6%, 10.1%, 7.2%, 6.9% and 5.4% respectively. The European cranes, lifting and handling equipment market recorded a review-period CAGR of 1.26%, and is expected to record a forecast-period CAGR of 5.83%, due to the anticipated easing of the debt crisis and construction industry growth.
• The US was the largest market in the North American cranes, lifting and handling equipment market, with an 85.1% share, while Canada accounted for the remainder. Owing to a low base-year value, the North American cranes, lifting and handling equipment market recorded a review-period CAGR of 6.78%. The market is expected to post a forecast-period CAGR of 5.67%, driven largely by recovery in the US construction industry.
• In the Latin American cranes, lifting and handling equipment market, Brazil accounted for the largest share of 54.8% in 2013, followed by Mexico, Argentina and Colombia with respective shares of 30.5%, 9.1% and 5.6%. The market registered a review-period CAGR of 13.93% due to a low base-year value, and is expected to grow at a forecast-period CAGR of 5.72%. Brazil is expected to be a key source of the demand for cranes, lifting and handling equipment in Latin America over the forecast period, as the country is set to host the 2016 Olympic Games. Moreover, the government’s Growth Acceleration Plan-2 (the Programa de Aceleração do Crescimento – PAC-2) will also support this growth.
• The Middle Eastern cranes, lifting and handling equipment market was the smallest regional market in 2013, accounting for 2.8% of the global market. Saudi Arabia was the region’s largest market in 2013, accounting for a 48.5% share, followed by the UAE, Qatar and Bahrain with 36.9%, 9.8% and 4.8% respectively. The market recorded a review-period CAGR of 1.49% and is expected to register a forecast-period CAGR of 6.38%.