Source Market Insights; Canada provides an overview of the Canadian outbound market, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of the number of Canadian tourists going abroad, their spending habits and main destination markets.
- Although most Western countries have struggled to record positive outbound tourism owing to weak economic conditions, Canada has been a relatively strong performer, with the total number of outbound trips reaching close to 33 million in 2013.
- In Canada, it is common to travel during the winter months, with Florida in the US and Mexico being amongst the most popular destinations.
- Baby boomers are the largest outbound travel group amongst Canadians with cruise tourism becoming increasingly popular.
- As charter and LCC flights are taking a bigger share of Canada's airline market, prices of flight tickets are falling and this having a positive effect on outbound tourism.
- The US is the main source market, accounting for over 70% of all Canadian outbound trips. Travel to the US is growing faster than non-US travel
- The report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in the Canadian outbound tourism sector
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entireCanadian outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns of Canadian tourist abroad
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Canadian outbound tourism sector
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in theCanadianoutbound tourism sector, along with key trends and grow opportunities