The economic crisis of 2008 caused a sharp decline in the demand for aluminium worldwide. As a result of the lower demand, the market became oversupplied, which pushed the prices down. Excessive warehousing of aluminium is a result of this oversupply, with an estimated 5.5 million tonnes currently stored only in London Metal Exchange (LME).
Previous years have seen continuous volatility in aluminium market prices, with prices declining by 19% in December 2008 and further 11.7% down in May 2010. However, as a result of the current tight aluminium supply, aluminium premiums started to rise, reaching record figures by the end of 2013.
Visiongain anticipates balanced aluminium market results for 2014 due to a number of industry-wide capacity curtailments. For 2015 we forecast global aluminium production to reach 55.01 million tonnes, while consumption levels to reach 55.04 million tonnes. This will result in a deficit of 0.03 million tonnes to the current aluminium supply/demand balance. Such deficit is necessary to cut the current level of aluminium inventories. Visiongain calculates that global aluminium market will be worth $105.63 billion in 2015.
With electricity accounting for approximately 37% of the total cost of aluminium production, we expect to see aluminium production shift to nations that have access to low cost energy sources. We are very optimistic for the future of Middle Eastern aluminium production, with its access to gas and oil, as well as North Western China with its access to coal. Though North West China is extremely remote, the lower energy costs more than offset the increased transportation costs.
In the long-term, we anticipate the prospects for aluminium to remain bright as global megatrends will continue driving aluminium consumption in the future. Visiongain forecasts the largest growth in aluminium demand to come from the BRIC nations and Middle East region. We also expect major contributors to this growth will to be the transportation and construction sectors.
How this 230 page report will inform you:
• View global aluminium market; forecasts and analysis from 2015 to 2025 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed production, consumption and revenue projections of the market, including competitive analyses and commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2015 to 2025, our new study shows current market data, market shares and original critical analysis revealing insight into commercial developments.
• The report provides 223 tables, charts, and graphs
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of current and future aluminium market prospects. This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. Also you will gain from our analyst’s industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the aluminium sector.
• View an exclusive expert company interview. Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provides full transcripts of primary research company interviews. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking.
- By reading the full transcripts of an exclusive expert opinion interview contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don’t’ fall behind.
- Mr Göksal Güngör, Director of Global Sales and Marketing, Assan Alüminyum
• Discover consumption and revenue predictions for the key aluminium end-use submarkets from 2015-2025
- What are the dynamics driving the aluminium industry? How will the submarkets expand? Which submarkets will generate the most revenue? Which aluminium submarkets create most of the demand? Use our forecasts and expert insight to grow your business and give you more industry influence. Stay informed about the potential for each of these aluminium submarkets with individual forecasts and analysis from 2015 to 2025.
- Transportation Aluminium Market Forecast 2015-2025
- Construction Aluminium Market Forecast 2015-2025
- Packaging Aluminium Market Forecast 2015-2025
- Electrical Aluminium Market Forecast 2015-2025
- Consumer Goods Aluminium Market Forecast 2015-2025
- Machinery Aluminium Market Forecast 2015-2025
- Others Aluminium Market Forecast 2015-2025
Along with value forecasts, our new report also provides consumption forecasts for each of the above end-use submarkets to 2025 including market shares.
• Understand the prospects for the leading national and regional aluminium markets – where will the highest revenues and opportunities occur?
- Learn about the market potential for aluminium companies in the developed and developing countries, from 2015 onwards. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025 for 12 leading national and regional markets plus the rest of the world market.
- US forecast 2015-2025
- Canada forecast 2015-2025
- Brazil forecast 2015-2025
- China forecast 2015-2025
- India forecast 2015-2025
- Russia forecast 2015-2025
- Japan forecast 2015-2025
- Australia forecast 2015-2025
- Norway forecast 2015-2025
- Rest of Europe forecast 2015-2025
- Middle East forecast 2015-2025
- Africa forecast 2015-2025
- RoW forecast 2015-2025
Along with value forecasts, our new report also provides production and consumption forecasts for each of the above national and regional markets to 2025.
• Explore the factors affecting product developers, and everyone within the value chain. Learn about the forces influencing market dynamics
- Explore the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) affecting the industry and product advances. Discover what the present and future outlook for business will be. Learn about the following business critical issues -
- Technological issues and constraints.
- Price constraints
- Supply and demand dynamics
• Identify who the leading companies are in the aluminium industry
- Our report reveals the companies which hold the greatest potential. In particular, exploring and analysing the activities of these companies: See where the expected gains will be. View visiongain’s assessment of the prospects for established competitors, rising companies, and new market entrants. Our work explains that potential, helping you stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of 9 leading aluminium companies examining their positioning, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook. Additionally, our new report provides aluminium revenue forecasts for selected companies to 2025
- UC Rusal
- Aluminium Corporation of China (Chalco)
- Rio Tinto
- China Power Investment (CPI)
- Xinfa Group
- Norsk Hydro
- BHP Billiton
Discover information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the aluminium market
The Aluminium Market Analysis, Financials and Forecasting 2015-2025 report provides impartial aluminium sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages. Our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit you and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company’s prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain’s research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and regional markets forecasts from 2015 to 2025
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain’s increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain’s team of London based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
How the The Aluminium Market Analysis, Financials and Forecasting 2015-2025 report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the aluminium market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where revenue growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don’t miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition you must order now our report the The Aluminium Market Analysis, Financials and Forecasting 2015-2025. Avoid missing out – order our report now.