Internet protocol television (IPTV) is a system through which TV services are delivered by a private network to end-users via the internet. The IPTV services are not transmitted through the traditional radio frequency broadcasts, cable TV formats, or satellite signals. The network management methods and architecture that are used in IPTV are based on the internet protocol suite over a packet-switched network infrastructure. IPTV services are generally divided into three categories, namely, live TV with or without interactivity related to the current TV show provided by vendors, a time-shifted programming service that offers repeat telecasts, and video on demand (VoD) wherein users can select and demand specific shows from a directory provided to them. TechNavio's analysts forecast the revenue of the Global IPTV market to grow at a CAGR of 20.32 percent over the period 2014-2019. By subscriber base, the Global IPTV market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.95 percent over the forecast period.
Covered in this Report
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the Global IPTV market for the period 2015-2019. To calculate the market size, this report considers the revenue generated by IPTV services. The market size is also calculated on the basis of the total number of subscribers availing IPTV services. The report consists of a detailed study of the market according to the geographical segments and key leading countries. In addition, the report discusses the major drivers that influence the growth of the market. It also outlines the challenges faced by the vendors and the market at large, as well as the key trends that are emerging in the market. TechNavio's report, Global IPTV Market 2015-2019, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Global IPTV market landscape and its growth prospects over the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
• Bharti Airtel • British Telecom • Deutsche Telekom • Neuf Cegetel • NTT Plala • PCCW • UTStarcom
Key Market Driver
• Adoption of IPTV in APAC Region • For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Market Challenge
• Competition from Other pay-TV Operators • For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Market Trend
• Increasing Demand for IPTV-based Converged Services • For a full, detailed list, view our report
Key Questions Answered in this Report
• What will the market size be in 2019 and what will the growth rate be? • What are the key market trends? • What is driving this market? • What are the challenges to market growth? • Who are the key vendors in this market space? • What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors? • What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?