Saudi Arabia: Rising Data Traffic and Strong Demand for Enterprise IT Services Will Underpin Growth Through 2019,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Saudi Arabia's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Saudi Arabia market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2014, Saudi Arabia was the largest telecom services market in Africa and the Middle East, with estimated total telecom and pay-TV service revenue of $16.2bn in 2014, a -0.7% decline from the previous year. The decline in service revenue was a result of excessive promotional activity and a reduced mobile subscriptions growth rate due to stricter regulatory controls.
- Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a 2.9% CAGR between 2014 and 2019. The fixed and mobile segments will experience similar growth rates through 2019, and, as such, the mobile segment will remain the dominant sector. The fixed segment will be driven largely by STC's and Mobily's continued efforts to increase fiber penetration within central locations in Saudi Arabia, while the mobile segment will be driven by continued promotional activity and uptake of LTE technology with the high adoption of smartphones, tablets and USB modems.
- Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities in IPTV and enterprise services. Vendors should position themselves to offer network performance solutions for operators that are concerned with maximizing efficiency with current spectrum allocations and addressing the rapid increase in data traffic.
This report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Saudi Arabia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Saudi Arabia's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Saudi Arabia compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Saudi Arabia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2014 to 2019.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Saudi Arabia's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Saudi Arabia's telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Research's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Saudi Arabia's mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Saudi Arabia's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Saudi Arabia.