The global healthcare supply chain management market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% from 2014 to 2019 to reach $13,814.0 million by 2019 from $9,276.5 million in 2014.
The need to lower healthcare cost is a major concern and growth driver for the healthcare supply chain management market. The trend of hospital consolidation in countries such as U.S. offer new growth opportunities for supply chain management solutions such as inventory management software catered towards hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers. The manufacturers in the healthcare segment face intense competition. For instance, China is reported to host an estimated 13,000 medical device manufacturers. The prevalence of high number of players in countries such as China force the market players to be price conscious which leads them to adopt efficient supply chain management practices enabled by the use of hardware such as RFID, barcodes and software such as procurement, supplier management, and transportation management software.
Based on component, the healthcare supply chain management software segment is was the largest segment in 2014, (in 2014) and is also likely to be the fastest-growing segment in the forecast period. Based on mode of delivery, the web-based solutions segment dominated the healthcare supply chain management market in 2014. However, cloud-based solutions will be the fastest-growing delivery mode in the coming years. Among end users, the manufacturer segment was the largest (in 2014), while the provider segment is expected to be the fastest-growing (during 2014 to 2019). Based on region, North America is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during 2014 to 2019. The high growth of in the North American region can be attributed to factors such as rising healthcare costs in the U.S., regulatory compliance requirements in U.S. and Canada, and need to curtail operational cost and achieve operational efficiency in hospitals across the region.
The companies in this market have focused on growth strategies such as agreements, partnerships, collaborations, and alliances, new product launches, acquisitions, expansions, and others (marketing and promotion, patent grant, and certification) to enter new markets and increase their customer base.
The major players in the global healthcare supply chain management market include Oracle Corporation (U.S.), Infor (U.S.), Cerner Corporation (U.S.), McKesson Corporation (U.S.), and SAP AG Group (Germany) amongst others.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms in garnering a greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios and services offered by the major players in the referral management market. The report analyzes healthcare supply chain management across regions.
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the healthcare supply chain management market.
• Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets.
• Market Diversification: Extensive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the healthcare supply chain management market.
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and services of leading players in the healthcare supply chain management market.