Over the past five years, the cell counting market has witnessed tremendous growth primarily due to high prevalence of AIDS and cancer across the globe and increasing stem cell research expenditure.
In this report, the global cell counting market is segmented on the basis of products, end users, and by region. On the basis of products, the cell counting market is categorized into spectrophotometers, flow cytometers, hematology analyzers, and cell counters. The spectrophotometers segment is further divided into single-mode readers and multi-mode readers; whereas, the cell counters segment is categorized into automated cell counters; and hemocytometers and manual cell counters. On the basis of end users, the cell counting market is divided into hospitals and diagnostic laboratories, research institutions, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and other end users. In addition, country-wise segmentation of each region is also provided in the report.
The global cell counting market is expected to grow at a significant CAGR of around 6.5% to 7% during the forecast period (2015 to 2020). The market is mainly driven by the growing stem cell research, introduction of enhanced data visualization and analysis software, and upsurge in government and corporate funding for R&D. However, lack of proper healthcare and research infrastructure in emerging markets, dearth of skilled professionals in clinical laboratories, and high prices of advanced cell counting systems are hampering the growth of this market to a certain extent.
Spectrophotometers accounted for a major share of the cell counting market. The market for spectrophotometers is primarily driven by the introduction of enhanced data visualization and analysis software. In addition, increased automation in research laboratories and growth in the healthcare and biotechnology industry of the emerging countries are further driving the growth of the spectrophotometers market.
In 2014, North America accounted for the largest share to the global cell counting market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region during the forecast period owing to the rapidly aging population, rising adoption of advanced cell counting instruments, increased accessibility to healthcare facilities, and rising R&D and healthcare expenditure.
The global cell counting market is dominated by six players that accounted for around 65% to 70% of the global market in 2014. Major players in this market are Danaher Corporation (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), Becton, Dickinson, and Company (U.S.), Merck Millipore (U.S.), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.), and PerkinElmer, Inc. (U.S.).
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them to garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for reaping a greater market share.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
• Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by the top players in the cell counting market. The report analyzes the cell counting market by product and end user across all regions
• Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the cell counting market
• Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets by product, end user, and region
• Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the cell counting market
• Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, distribution networks, manufacturing capabilities, and SWOT analyses of the leading players in the cell counting market