The oil sands market will experience a dramatic downturn in 2015 as the impact of the oil price fall impacts upon project economics and company budgets. An almost equally significant decline will be seen in 2018 as the last under-construction oil sands mining and upgrading projects are completed. The extent to which oil sands investment recovers over subsequent years will be highly dependent upon oil prices. Oil sands are towards the top end of the cost spectrum in terms of oil resource development, though there is a significant difference between the break even prices of new in-situ and oil sands mining projects.
Operators have an incentive to continue producing from existing oil sands projects, as in nearly all cases operational expenditure per barrel (OPEX/bbl) will be lower than the oil price. Most under-construction projects will also be completed due to funds already having been committed. However, producers have already cut their 2015 capital expenditure (CAPEX) budgets, and spending over the forecast will be highly correlated with the oil price. More projects will become economic as oil prices rise, pipelines are approved and the WCS-WTI differential narrows.
Visiongain calculates the oil sands market to be worth $31.7bn in 2015 in its anticipated oil price scenario, which is a reduction of nearly 15% from 2014 levels. The amount of oil sands spending over the coming decade will vary considerably in different regions and according to the technologies used, however.
Why you should buy The Oil Sands Market Report 2015-2025
What is the future of the oil sands market? Visiongain’s comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
We guarantee in this 147-page report that you will receive key information which will benefit you as follows:
• View oil sands market forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025 to keep your competitive intelligence ahead of your rivals allowing you to exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed sales projections of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2015-2025, our new study shows current market data, market shares, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments
- The report provides anticipated, low and high oil price scenario forecasts to highlight how differing future oil prices would affect the market.
• Our report provides 147 tables, charts, and graphs.
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future oil sands market prospects. This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. Also you will gain from our analyst’s industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the oil sands sector
• See an exclusive expert opinion interview with Prosper Petroleum, one of the few companies going ahead with a new oil sands project in the low oil price environment.
- By reading the full transcript you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don’t fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge on the oil sands sector, finding strategic advantages for your work; you will learn how your organisation can benefit - allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales.
• Discover sales forecasts for the key oil sands submarkets from 2015-2025
- What are the dynamics within the oil sands industry? Which submarkets will generate the most revenue? Use our forecasts and expert insight to grow your business and give you more industry influence. Find where you can gain and how your organisation can succeed. Avoid falling behind. Stay informed about the potential for each of these oil sands submarkets with individual forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025.
- In-situ submarket forecast 2015-2025
- Mining and upgrading submarket forecast 2015-2025
- CAPEX forecasts 2015-2025
- OPEX forecasts 2015-2025
- Production (bpd) forecasts 2015-2025
• Understand the prospects for the leading regional oil sands markets – where will the highest revenues and opportunities occur?
- Learn about the market potential for oil sands companies from 2015 onwards in three oil price scenarios. You will see where and how opportunities exist with revealing individual market forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025.
- Athabasca forecast 2015-2025
- Cold Lake forecast 2015-2025
- Peace River forecast 2015-2025
- Industrial heartland forecast 2015-2025
- Rest of the world forecast 2015-2025 (includes individualised breakdowns for the Congolese, Chinese, Madagascan and US oil sands markets)
• Find out about the major oil sands projects around the world
- Understand industry activity with detailed data revealing where companies are earning their revenues and with which technologies.
- You will be able to examine detailed tables of existing, under-construction and prospective oil sands projects, showing company, technology, start date, production, capacity and spending.
• Discover the market share and read profiles of the 10 leading companies within the oil sands sector
- Our report reveals the companies which hold the greatest potential. In particular, exploring and analysing the activities of these companies. See where the expected gains will be. View Visiongain’s assessment of the prospects for established competitors, rising companies, and new market entrants. Our work explains that potential, helping you to stay ahead. Gain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape with profiles of ten leading oil sands companies, examining their market share, positioning, capabilities, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook.
- Canadian Oil Sands
- Royal Dutch Shell
- Canadian Natural Resources
- Imperial Oil
- MEG Energy
- Devon Energy
- China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC)
Discover information found nowhere else in this independent assessment of the oil sands market
The Oil Sands Market Report 2015-2025 report provides impartial oil sands sector analysis. With the independent business intelligence found only in our work, you will discover where the prospects are for profit. In particular, our new research provides you with key strategic advantages: our informed forecasts, independent and objective analysis, exclusive interviews and revealing company profiles will provide you with that necessary edge, allowing you to gain ground over your competitors.
With this report you are less likely to fall behind in knowledge or miss crucial business opportunities. You will save time and receive recognition for your market insight. See how this report could benefit and enhance your research, analysis, company presentations and ultimately your individual business decisions and your company’s prospects.
What makes this report unique?
Visiongain consulted widely with leading industry experts and a full transcript from an exclusive interview with Prosper Petroleum is included in the report. Visiongain’s research methodology involves an exclusive blend of primary and secondary sources providing informed analysis. This methodology allows insight into the key drivers and restraints behind market dynamics and competitive developments. The report therefore presents an ideal balance of qualitative analysis combined with extensive quantitative data including global, submarket and regional market forecasts from 2015 to 2025.
Why choose visiongain business intelligence?
Visiongain’s increasingly diverse sector coverage strengthens our research portfolio. The growing cross-sector convergence of key verticals and the interplay of game-changing technologies across hitherto unrelated industries are creating new synergies, resulting in new business opportunities for you to leverage.
As such, visiongain’s team of London-based in-house analysts offer a wealth of knowledge and experience to inform your strategic business decisions. Let visiongain guide you.
How The Oil Sands Market Report 2015-2025 report can benefit you
Visiongain's report is for anyone requiring analysis of the oil sands market. You will discover market forecasts, technological trends, predictions and expert opinion providing you with independent analysis derived from our extensive primary and secondary research. Only by purchasing this report will you receive this critical business intelligence revealing where revenue growth is likely and where the lucrative potential market prospects are. Don’t miss this key opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.
Avoid falling behind your competitors, overlooking critical business opportunities or losing industry influence. In our new report you will discover forecasts from 2015-2025 at the global, submarket, and national level. The report also assesses technologies, competitive forces and expected pipeline developments. Read on to discover the prospects for the oil sands sector and find out its future market prospects.
If you buy our report today your knowledge will stay one step ahead of your competitors. Discover how our report could benefit your research, analyses and strategic decisions, saving you time. To gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market and stay one step ahead of the competition you must order The Oil Sands Market Report 2015-2025: Updated Oil Price With Scenario Forecasts for CAPEX, OPEX & Production. Avoid missing out – order our report now.