Timetric’s 'Life Insurance in Pakistan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers, challenges in the Pakistani life insurance segment. It provides key performance indicators such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review period (2009–2013) and forecast period (2013–2018). The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and profiles of insurers operating in the country. The report also includes details of insurance regulations, and recent changes in regulatory structure.
Timetric’s 'Life Insurance in Pakistan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Pakistani life insurance segment, including:
• The Pakistani life insurance segment’s growth prospects by life insurance category
• Key trends, drivers and challenges for the life insurance segment
• The various distribution channels in the Pakistani life insurance segment
• The detailed competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in Pakistan
• Detailed regulatory policies of the Pakistani insurance industry
• Key developments in the Pakistani life insurance segment
• New product launches and product portfolio of Pakistani life insurers
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Pakistan:
• It provides historical values for the Pakistani life insurance segment for the report’s 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
• It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Pakistani life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
• It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
• It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Pakistan.
• It profiles the top life insurance companies in Pakistan and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Buy
• Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Pakistani life insurance segment and each category within it.
• Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Pakistani life insurance segment.
• Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment.
• Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
• Gain insights into key regulations governing the Pakistani insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
• Life insurance was the largest segment in the Pakistani insurance industry in 2013, accounting for 63.1% of its total gross written premium.
• The Pakistani life insurance segment is highly concentrated, with the three leading companies accounting for 90.8% of the segment’s total gross written premium as of 2013.
• Life insurance is distributed through various channels of which the agencies channel accounted for the highest share with 46.4% of the segment’s gross written premium in 2013.
• With Pakistan being a Muslim-dominated country and conventional insurance products being incompatible with Sharia law, there is a large-scale risk associated with conventional products.
• Growing fraud and crime act as one of the biggest challenges for Pakistani life insurers operating in the country.
• The low penetration reveals the segment has positive growth potential, and insurers are targeting customers by offering various traditional life insurance products such as individual term-life, individual whole life and group life and pension products.