Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems for Filming & Entertainment, Mapping, Aerial Assessments, Prospecting, Data Collection, Disaster Relief, and Delivery: Global Market Analysis and Forecasts
The utilization of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), also known as unmanned aircraft systems (UASs) or drones, for commercial applications has a great deal of potential to be explored and exploited. Companies, universities, and government agencies are all actively assessing the opportunity for drones to disrupt some industries and creative innovative business models in others. First, however, several factors need to be resolved for the commercial drone industry to truly take off. Three key factors are regulatory policy, public perception, and safety/privacy. In particular, regulatory bodies currently lag behind technological advances and market demand is already exerting significant pressure on government agencies to enact policy reform.
Tractica’s research indicates that the two primary application markets in the commercial drone sector are aerial imaging and data analysis. Key industries that are driving the adoption of commercial drones include film, media, agriculture, and oil & gas. Market development remains nascent, however, with a large number of industry players pursuing the opportunity for commercial drones. In this dynamic and uncertain competitive landscape, the winners and losers have yet to be determined, and the industry continues to pursue the key applications that will drive market growth and produce tangible return on investment.
This Tractica report examines the market trends and technology issues surrounding the commercial drone industry and presents a comprehensive analysis of the drivers and inhibitors of market development, the regulatory landscape, business models, and supply chain considerations. The report includes a 10-year forecast for drone hardware unit shipments and revenue, segmented by industry, airframe type, and world region, in addition to drone-enabled services by application area. Commercial drone industry segments and applications are analyzed in depth, and the report also includes detailed profiles of 21 key industry players.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What is the current state of the commercial drone industry and how will it develop over the next decade?
- What are the key industries and the key applications for commercial drones?
- What are the key drivers of market growth, and the key challenges faced by the industry?
- Who are the key players in the commercial drone industry, what is their competitive positioning, and which ones are best positioned for success in the years ahead?
- What is the size of the commercial drone industry?
- What are the future pricing trends for commercial drone airframe types?
Who Needs This Report?
- Drone manufacturers
- Semiconductor and component companies
- Imaging technology companies
- Software developers and integrators
- GIS companies
- Insurance companies
- Academic institutions
- Government agencies
- Investor community