The global robotics industry is at a critical turning point, at which new and upcoming non-industrial markets like autonomous vehicles, consumer robots, enterprise robots, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are expected to overshadow traditional markets like industrial robotics. The years between 2015 and 2020 will redefine the way humans think about robots, as they become integral to our daily lives, setting the scene for the next decade, which will be heavily influenced by robotics and artificial intelligence (AI).
Around the world, new industry players and markets are emerging to assume an important role in the ongoing development of the robotics industry. Technologies like AI, machine vision, voice and speech recognition, tactile sensors, and gesture control will drive robotic capabilities far beyond what is possible today, especially in terms of autonomy. There is also a regional shift in the industry's center of gravity taking place, moving from Japan, which has been the nerve center of robotics innovation for decades, to the United States, specifically Silicon Valley where the future of robots is being shaped today. Against this backdrop of technology and market evolution, Tractica forecasts that the global robotics industry will grow from $28.3 billion worldwide in 2015 to $151.7 billion by 2020. The firm forecasts that most of this growth will be driven by non-industrial robots, which includes segments like consumer, enterprise, medical, military, UAVs, and autonomous vehicles.
This Tractica report includes global market sizing, segmentation and forecasts for the robotics industry within 22 distinct application markets in the consumer, enterprise, industrial, and military domains. Unit shipments and revenue forecasts are included for each application market, segmented by world region. The report also includes technology attach rates for machine vision, voice/speech recognition, gesture recognition, and tactile sensors, plus connectivity technologies for consumer robots. The forecast period for this report extends from 2015 through 2020.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What will be the key drivers of robotics market growth between 2015 and 2020?
- How fast will each of the application markets grow over the next 5 years, in terms of both unit shipments and revenue?
- What will be the attach rates of technologies such as machine vision, voice/speech recognition, gesture control, and tactile sensors for each application market?
- What will the regional mix look like for the robotics industry in 2020?
- Which technology will be the preferred connectivity option for consumer robots in 2020, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?
Who Needs This Report?
- Robot manufacturers
- Semiconductor and component suppliers
- Software and application developers
- Automotive manufacturers
- Enterprise and industrial robotics end-user organizations
- Systems integrators
- Industry organizations
- Government agences
- Investor community