Data Management, Analytics, Care Plan Development and Management, and Care Coordination and Patient Interaction: Global Market Analysis and Forecasts
Shifting healthcare priorities and business models, increasing healthcare costs, and the emergence of big data analytics are helping to drive the population health management (PHM) market forward. PHM refers to software and services deployed by healthcare providers, payers, and employers, with the goal of improving patient care, while keeping costs in check. Payers, providers, and employers alike are recognizing the benefits of identifying at-risk patients and the value that can be gained from both a cost and patient health perspective by intervening and engaging patients.
As the healthcare system, particularly in the United States, transitions from one based on fee-for-service and volume of patients served, to one based on value, improvements in patient health, and associated decreases in healthcare costs, more organizations will deploy PHM or expand their existing PHM programs. Tractica forecasts that the global market for PHM software and services will more than double in size during the next 5 years, increasing from $14.0 billion in 2015 to $31.9 billion by 2020. Approximately two-thirds of the revenue opportunity in the PHM market consists of professional services, with software representing one-third of the market.
This Tractica report examines the global market opportunity for PHM software and services, including an assessment of market drivers and barriers, applications and use cases, technology issues, and key industry players. It presents revenue forecasts on a global and regional basis during the period from 2015 through 2020. The report focuses on the main applications for PHM software, including care coordination and patient interaction, care plan development and management, analytics, and data management, along with PHM services such as outsourced care and coaching, consulting, ongoing maintenance, and implementation.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What is the current state of PHM software and services, and how will the market develop over the next several years?
- What are the key applications for PHM in today’s evolving healthcare market?
- How quickly will the market grow for various PHM segments and applications?
- What is the global revenue opportunity for PHM software and services, and how does it vary by world region?
- What are the key drivers of PHM market growth? What are the main challenges faced by industry players?
Who Needs This Report?
- PHM software and service providers
- Digital health technology companies
- Health systems, healthcare insurance companies, provider networks
- Technology companies in the big data and analytics market
- Pharmaceutical and life sciences companies
- Remote patient monitoring companies
- Government agencies
- Industry organizations
- Investor community