Media, Retail, Healthcare, Advertising Technology, Education, Automotive, and Other Enterprise Applications for Natural Language Processing Software and Systems: Global Market Analysis and Forecasts
Natural language processing (NLP) has become the high ground in a battle for control of the data economy and has an importance that far outweighs its size as a market. Although NLP has many applications, some of the most successful and aggressive companies in the world are embracing it in an ambitious attempt to build applications that are both completely personalized and yet generic to produce.
NLP technology still has a way to go, but it is improving rapidly thanks to advances in related artificial intelligence (AI) technologies, such as deep learning and cognitive computing. Companies like Amazon, Apple, Baidu, Facebook, Microsoft, Nuance, and Google are pushing ahead with their research into NLP. These companies and others like AT&T, 3M, and IBM are spending significant sums of money to acquire NLP companies, recruit NLP talent, and mine terabytes of crowdsourced content. In the process, they are raising the bar for other businesses in many industries. Intentionally or unintentionally, their efforts may disrupt the status quo at the shopping mall, in the offices of financial advisors, in the doctor’s office, and in the classroom.
This Tractica report examines the market trends and technology issues surrounding natural language processing and presents 10-year forecasts for NLP hardware, software, and services during the period from 2015 through 2024. Current and potential applications are analyzed in depth, and the report also includes detailed profiles of 20 key industry players. Market forecasts, segmented by world region, include projections of software, hardware, and services revenue across 15 different industry sectors.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What are the market trends driving adoption of NLP technology?
- What are limitations to the software and what does the technology roadmap look like?
- Which companies are investing most heavily in the technology?
- How do big technology companies plan to leverage NLP to their advantage?
- What are the possible outcomes of the current wave of investment?
- Which industry sectors represent the strongest addressable markets for NLP?
Who Needs This Report?
- Enterprise software companies
- Semiconductor and component manufacturers
- Service providers and systems integrators
- End-user organizations deploying NLP systems
- Industry associations
- Government agencies
- Investor community