This research analyzes the key strategic issues, trends, and market drivers for handhold self-scanning solutions including dedicated hardware and mobile self-scanning applications used for consumer applications such as self-checkout, special offers, and price checks. This report offers market analysis (historical, forecast revenues and unit shipments, leading applications, drivers, and barriers), in-depth reseller and end-user analysis, country-level insights, and opportunities across the following dimensions: hardware, software, services, retail market segments, distribution channels, operating systems, and geographies.
What questions are addressed?
- What regions and retail segments present the greatest opportunities for handheld self-scanning solutions?
- Are dedicated handheld solutions and their strategies being affected by the rise of consumer smartphone usage and self-scan applications?
- How do vendors need to adjust their product and go-to-market strategies to engage and compete in this developing market?
- What innovations in this market will provide vendors and developers the growth potential to compete and expand market share in the future?
- What are the constraints and drivers of end user handheld self-scanning investments?