Smart Watches, Fitness Trackers, Body Sensors, Smart Glasses, Smart Clothing, Wearable Cameras, and Other Wearables for Commercial and Workplace Applications: Global Market Analysis and Forecasts
Wearables in enterprise and industrial environments continue to see high levels of interest and market momentum, as companies across a wide variety of industry sectors conduct trials with a diverse set of devices across multiple use cases. In terms of unit volumes and revenue, enterprise and industrial wearables are still a very small portion of the overall market, although their share of the total market is expected to grow over time.
This 2016 update to Tractica’s enterprise and industrial wearables research highlights the latest trends in enterprise and industrial wearables activity since our first report on the subject was published in 2015. Compared to 2015, the market is moving into a quieter phase, with the focus shifting from public announcements to the hard work that needs to be done behind the scenes to get wearables rolled out at commercial scale. Fitness trackers are seeing large-scale adoption in corporate wellness programs, smart glasses are continuing to experience a growth in trial activity with pilots converting to commercial deployments, and smart watches like the Apple Watch are beginning to gain greater attention from enterprise-focused app developers. Innovative new use cases are also emerging, including such diverse examples as wearable cameras in retail settings, smart glasses as an omnichannel sales enabler, and baseball caps being used to track fatigue of workers at mining sites.
This Tractica report covers the market for enterprise and industrial wearables, providing comprehensive coverage of the various wearable device types, their specific roles, and adoption timelines in the workplace. The devices covered include smart watches, smart glasses, fitness trackers, smart clothing, body sensors, wearable cameras, and other wearables. The report also includes market sizing and forecasts from 2015 through 2021, providing shipments and revenue, while segmenting the market by device type, region, enterprise, and industrial use cases.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What are some of the key developments that shaped the enterprise and wearables market during 2015?
- Which use cases are seeing the most traction? Are there any new use cases that have emerged over the last 12 months?
- Does the Apple Watch have a role in an enterprise setting?
- Which devices are seeing the most market traction today within the enterprise and industrial space, and how will this change by 2021?
- What do companies need to focus on to ensure their long-term success in the enterprise and industrial wearables market?
- How is the value chain evolving around enterprise and industrial wearables?
- What are some of the key challenges that could impact the growth of wearables in the workplace?
- Which regions are expected to see the biggest growth opportunities for enterprise and industrial wearables?
Who Needs This Report?
- Wearable device manufacturers
- Smart glasses manufacturers
- Enterprise IT systems integrators
- Augmented reality software companies
- Wearable software and application developers
- Semiconductor and component companies
- Corporate wellness companies
- Mobile network operators
- Investor community