Connected Sports and Fitness Apparel, Smart Footwear, Fashion Apparel, Baby and Pregnancy Monitors, Heart Rate Monitors, Headbands, Posture Monitors, 3D Trackers, Wrist Devices, Movement Sensors, and Wearable Patches: Market Analysis and Forecasts
Smart clothing and body sensors can be considered the ultimate wearables, something that integrates into your life as a garment, footwear, or a sensor device that can track or measure a specific physiological or biometric attribute. Unlike fitness trackers, smart watches, or smart glasses, which have fairly well-defined form factors and use cases, smart clothing and body sensors are seeing a greater degree of experimentation and innovation in use cases. The applications for smart clothing and body sensors span multiple domains including sports, consumer, healthcare, public safety, industrial, and enterprise.
The market for smart clothing and body sensors is developing rapidly, although the body sensors market is likely to be larger in the long run due to a wider variety of device types and application markets. Healthcare is expected to be one of the biggest drivers for body sensors, particularly connected wearable patches, but other key application markets will include consumer, sports, enterprise, and industrial. Tractica forecasts that total shipments of smart clothing will grow from 968,000 units in 2015 to 24.8 million units in 2021. Meanwhile, body sensor shipments are expected to increase from 2.7 million in 2015 to 68.0 million units annually by 2021.
This Tractica report covers the global market for smart clothing and body sensors, including an in-depth examination of market drivers and challenges, technology issues, and key industry players. The study provides worldwide forecasts for unit shipments and revenue through 2021, segmented by device type, application market, world region, and connectivity technology. Strategic recommendations are also provided for current industry participants, as well as those who are looking to enter the market.
Key Questions Addressed:
- How has the smart clothing and body sensor market changed over the last 12 months?
- Will sports remain the primary application market for smart clothing and body sensors in 2021?
- What are the implications of smart clothing and body sensors for general consumer applications?
- What role do smart clothing and body sensors have in the healthcare sector?
- What are some of the key challenges that need to be overcome for smart clothing to become mainstream?
- How are body sensors different from smart watches and fitness trackers and what is their significance?
- What is the regional outlook for smart clothing and body sensors?
Who Needs This Report?
- Wearable device vendors
- Smart clothing companies
- Body sensor vendors
- Clothing and apparel companies
- Smart textile manufacturers
- Biometric technology companies
- Electronic and sensor component vendors
- Investor community