Hardware and Software for Automotive, Sports & Entertainment, Consumer, Robotics & Machine Vision, Security & Surveillance, Agriculture, Retail, and Medical Markets: Market Analysis and Forecasts
Computer vision technology has captured the attention of a diverse set of industry participants during the past few years, and the market is gaining momentum across several key application areas. Device manufacturers, semiconductor and component companies, and software developers have all made significant investments in technology development. Many companies have demonstrated prototypes and a few have moved into full production mode. Meanwhile, consumer awareness and enthusiasm for computer vision-based applications continue to grow.
From a technology perspective, the computer vision ecosystem and intellectual property landscape continues to evolve, and these areas will need to mature further as the sector expands and the applications diversify. The market remains ripe for innovation and open for new applications as well as new industry participants. Among the major application markets, Tractica anticipates that the automotive sector will surpass robotics & machine vision as the largest segment in 2016, but will be eclipsed in turn by the consumer market for a period of a few years before once again becoming the largest segment. Other smaller, yet still high-growth, application markets will include security & surveillance, medical, sports & entertainment, retail, and agriculture.
This Tractica report examines the market dynamics, technology issues, and business opportunities surrounding computer vision technologies and provides market forecasts for computer vision hardware and software during the period from 2015 through 2022. Eight application markets are analyzed in depth, and 27 key industry players are profiled. Market forecasts, segmented by world region and application market, include hardware unit shipments and revenue, device pricing, and software and services revenue.
Key Questions Addressed:
- How has the computer vision market evolved over the past year?
- What are some of the key technology issues surrounding computer vision, and what are some of the new technologies being developed?
- How do computer vision applications and business models vary depending on the application market?
- Which application areas will be the fastest-growing markets for computer vision systems?
- Who are the key players in the computer vision market, and what are their relative strengths and weaknesses?
- What is the size of the market opportunity in different application markets, and why will some grow faster than others over the next 5 years?
Who Needs This Report?
- Computer vision technology companies
- Mobile device manufacturers
- Consumer electronics companies
- Industrial automation and robotics companies
- Medical device manufacturers
- Automotive manufacturers
- Semiconductor and component vendors
- Software developers and integrators
- Government agencies
- Investor community