The global market for thermoformed plastics reached nearly 8.0 billion pounds in 2015. The market is expected to reach 10.2 billion pounds by 2021 from nearly 8.3 billion pounds in 2016, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3% from 2016 to 2021.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global markets for thermoformed plastics.
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2015, estimates for 2016 and projections of CAGRs through 2021.
- Information on several important thermoformed plastics applications, such as rigid food and healthcare packaging, automobiles, building products, appliances, and an array of consumer and industrial/commercial products.
- Analysis of the thermoformed plastics businesses, which includes resin producers, plastic sheet producers, thermoformers and those in the major industries using these products.
- A look at the impact of regulatory, environmental, and legislative issues on the market.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Profiles of top companies that produce the key plastic materials that are converted into thermoformed products.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The focus of the study is to quantify consumption of the major types of plastics used as thermoformed materials into each of its major applications. Thermoformed plastics are involved in several important applications such as rigid food and healthcare packaging, automotive, building products, appliances, and a wide array of consumer and industrial/commercial products. The overall quantitative coverage is global.
Research analyst Mel Schlechter has more than 40 years of experience in the chemical industry and specializes in plastics market research. He has been with BCC Research for more than 10 years and holds a B.S. in Chemistry, an M.S. in Organic Chemistry and an M.B.A. in Marketing.