Bishop & Associates newest research report, ‘World Electric Vehicle Connector Market’ analyzes the world market for electric vehicles. Detailed statistics by vehicle type, connector type, electrical system and region are supplied for the years 2015, 2016F and 2020F. Statistical information is also provided detailing battery types and charging systems.
- In 2015, 2.8 million electric vehicles were produced. Which region produced the largest number of vehicles? Which region is anticipated to be the production leader in 2020?
- Of the 2.8 million electric vehicles produced in 2015, what percentage were pluggable, hybrid electric or full electric?
- Although a variety of connector types are used in the manufacturing of electric vehicles, which connector types are most prominent and which ones are anticipated to show the highest growth?
- The increase in charging stations is critical to the long-term growth of electric vehicles. How quickly is this market anticipated to grow and how large will the market be by 2020F? What connectors are used in the distribution of charging stations, public or private?
- Battery costs and efficiencies have been improving at a fast pace, will this continue over the next 5-years and which battery type accounts for the largest share of batteries used in the production of electric light cars and trucks?
Although currently accounting for a little over 3% of worldwide automotive production, the electric vehicle market is anticipated to double in size over the next five-years. Be prepared for this robust growth, order your copy of World Electric Vehicle Connector Market.
The need to reduce CO2 emissions and improve fuel economy has had a significant impact on the automotive industry over the past 40 years. Since the introduction of the Toyota Prius Hybrid in 1997, the use of electricity as a primary, or secondary, fuel has become an increasingly important component of nearly every major vehicle manufacturer's long range strategy. This study focuses on the current state of the electric car and light vehicle industry, the outlook for the industry through 2020 and the industries impact on the market for electronic connectors.
Worldwide production of electric cars and light trucks reached 2.8 million vehicles in 2015, representing 3.1% of the world's total vehicle production. This niche market is forecast to grow Y.YY% per year through 2020, reaching a volume of X.X million vehicles; nearly 6% of the world's total car and light truck production. The market for connectors associated with this industry reached $842 Million in 2015 and is forecast to grow YY.Y% per year through 2020 to $X.XX billion. Battery packs are broken out to illustrate the value of connectors associated with their production. The connector market by application is shown below:
2015 Worldwide Electric Vehicle Connector Market
Percent Market Share by Application