"The military embedded systems market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 13.60% from 2016 to 2021"
The military embedded systems market is expected to grow from USD 71.29 billion in 2016 to USD 134.88 billion by 2021. The military embedded systems market is predominantly driven by factors, such as increased use of multicore technologies, emergence of modern warfare systems such as electronic warfare and network centric warfare systems, and rising demand for wireless and cloud computing technologies. One of the significant factors hampering the market growth is the requirement of a system's certification in case of system upgradation, which increases the expenses of the embedded system manufacturers.
"On the basis of platform, land is expected to be the largest segment during the forecast period"
Land based systems cover weapon systems, armored vehicles, soldier systems, and other autonomous systems which are highly dependent on embedded systems. These land based systems can be used for offensive or defensive purposes. Many countries, such as the U.S., the U.K., China, India, and Japan are continuously upgrading their systems to enhance warfare capabilities, with new technologies, either by investing in R&D or directly procuring defense equipment from manufacturers. These manufacturers provide standardized products which integrate with the existing systems. Therefore, increasing investments in the modernization of the military in various countries will directly impact the military embedded systems market.
"On the basis of application, the electronic warfare segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period"
The electronic warfare segment of the military embedded systems market, by application, is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, due to advancements in capabilities of air defense, next generation aircraft, cruise missiles, and anti-stealth radars and munitions.
"North America is expected to be the largest market while Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the highest-growing market for military embedded systems market"
The market in North America is led by the U.S. Increasing investment in defense equipment, institutional reforms, and advanced military capabilities which use embedded systems, highlights the demand for electronic defense equipment in the North American region, and this will drive the military embedded systems market.
The market Asia-Pacific is estimated to be led by China. Factors such as the development of weapons systems, unmanned systems and the development of network centric warfare capabilities are increasing the demand for electronic defense equipment, which would drive the military embedded systems market.
Break-up of profile of primary participants for this report:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 - 35%, Tier 2 - 45% , Tier 3 - 20%
- By Designation - C level - 35%, Director level - 25%, Others - 40%,
- By Region - North America 45%, Europe 20% Asia-Pacific 30%, RoW 5%
The key players operational in the military embedded systems market include Kontron AG (Germany), Curtiss-Wright Corporation (U.S.), Microsemi Corporation (U.S.), Mercury Systems Inc. (U.S.) among others. Other components manufactures such as Xilinx, Inc. (U.S.), Radisys Corporation (U.S.), Concurrent Technologies Plc. (U.K.), and Eurotech S.P.A (Italy).
The report analyzes the military embedded systems market on the basis of application (ISR, Communication, Computer, Cyber, Combat, Control & Command, Electronic Warfare), Platform (Land, Air, Naval), Architecture (Hardware, Software), Component (Microprocessor, GPU, Microprocessor, DSP, IP-Core Chips, Others). It maps these segments and subsegments across major regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
From an insight perspective, the military embedded systems market report focuses on various levels of analysis - industry analysis, market share analysis of top players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss basic views on competitive landscape, high-growth regions, and countries, and their respective regulatory policies, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The military embedded systems market report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive mapping of competitive landscape and participants' behavior in the military embedded systems market
- Market Sizing: Market size in both, financial year 2014-2015, and between 2016 and 2021
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the military embedded systems market
- Market overview: Market dynamics and subsequent analysis of associated trends, drivers, restraints, and opportunities prevailing in the military embedded systems market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative markets by analyzing markets for military embedded systems across various regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the military embedded systems market
- Regional Analysis: Factors influencing the market shares of North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading market players