The global market for medical ultrasound devices is expected to reach $9.9 billion by 2021 from $7.3 billion in 2016, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% from 2016 through 2021.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global markets for medical ultrasound devices
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021
- Coverage of diagnostic acoustic sensors and opportunities in radiology, cardiology, obstetrics/gynecology, surgical, urology, musculoskeletal, and endoscopic areas
- Identification of the basic components of the technology
- Trends in the healthcare industry affecting the demand for sensors
- A breakdown of technological developments and R&D
- Profiles of leading manufacturers
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This BCC Research report focuses on the global market for medical ultrasound devices by geographic region and by market segment and provides an in-depth discussion and an analysis of the clinical applications of ultrasound equipment and a review of new and developing technology platforms.
This report also examines companies that are actively developing and marketing medical ultrasound devices around the world. Detailed tables and charts with sales forecasts and market share data are also included.
Medical ultrasound devices can be segmented by application/therapeutic area, i.e.:
- Radiology/general imaging.
- Breast imaging.
- Thyroid imaging.
- Other applications (includes hepatology, emergency care and ophthalmics, among others).
The ultrasound market is also segmented by technology, i.e.:
- Diagnostic ultrasound.
- Two-dimensional (2-D) ultrasound.
- 3-D and 4-D ultrasound.
- Doppler ultrasound.
- Therapeutic ultrasound.
- High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU).
- Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy.
The author is an independent market analyst for the medical industry with a BSc and PhD in biochemistry from the University of Liverpool and an MBA from Oxford Brookes University. The author has worked in the medical industry as a senior marketing executive for 20 years creating and implementing strategic business and marketing plans for major multinational medical device companies before establishing himself as an independent research analyst.
For the last 15 years, the author has worked extensively in managing and conducting market research projects in key markets among healthcare professionals to determine market conditions, product attributes, issues and opinions. These data and information have been used to analyze specific product global market segments and create and implement strategic business and marketing plans for major multinational companies to launch new products and product line extensions as well as remarketing existing product lines.
The author has also acquired knowledge and experience with a wide range of software applications, including Windows Office-based applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project, as well as more specific predictive analytical software such as SPSS, Stata and SAS as a means of obtaining logistic regression, statistical variance analysis and mixed model analysis of market research data. This form of analysis has been used recently to prepare a variety of bespoke customized strategic marketing plans for individual clients in the biopharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.