egmented Into 240 Submarkets. European Market: 2015-2021 CAGR: 12.4%
Global X-ray Security Systems Market –
2015 & 2021
During the past 3 years, explosive-based terror attacks accounted for 56% of over 36,000 worldwide terror attacks
Against the backdrop of doom and gloom predictions by some managers and analysts, we forecast a robust comeback of the X-ray security screening market, generating a solid 2016-2021 CAGR of 6.7%.
The X-ray security screening system market growth is driven by the following:
- The 2015-2016 ISIS-inspired terror attacks in Paris, Brussels, Nice, Würzburg, Istanbul, the Middle East, Africa and the U.S.A., drove governments to overhaul their counter terror infrastructure and funding
- The election of Donald Trump as U.S. president, promising throughout his campaign a tough fight against Islamist extremism terror at home and abroad and to invest in law and order (e.g., "I am the law-and-order candidate"), will boost the federal U.S. X-Ray security screening-related legislation and budgets
- During the past 3 years, explosive-based terror attacks accounted for 56% of over 36,000 worldwide terror attacks
- The projected 2015-2021 5% air passengers and cargo CAGR
- Growth of the Asia-Pacific airport industry markets
- The need to replace or upgrade 60,000 outdated X-ray screening systems with state-of-the-art systems
- The 2016 supply side X-ray industry consolidation (Smiths Group acquired Morpho Detection and OSI Systems acquired AS&E) will moderate the industry’s price competition
According to HSRC’s “X-ray Baggage, Cargo, People, Container & Vehicle Screening Systems: Global Market – 2016-2021” report, the global X-ray security screening market revenues (including systems sales, aftersales services and upgrades) are forecasted to grow by 48% during the report period.
With 3 volumes, 727 pages, 147 tables and 253 figures, the new report is the most comprehensive review of the multibillion-dollar global X-ray security screening market, industry and technology trends published to date.
The report is segmented into 240 submarkets, compared with 89 submarkets in X-ray detector market reports that we have previously published. Furthermore, for the 1st time, this X-ray Security report includes data & analysis of the X-ray container & vehicle screening technologies and markets.
Global X-ray Security Systems Report: Segmentation Vectors
The X-ray security screening report examines each dollar spent in the X-ray Detector market via 5 orthogonal money trails:
- By 5 Regional Markets:
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- By 34 National X-Ray Security Markets:
- Rest of Europe
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- By 6 X-Ray Security Vertical Markets:
- Land Transportation
- Secured Perimeters & Buildings
- Postal Items
- By 6 X-Ray Security Technology Markets:
- Container-Vehicle Screening Systems
- 1st Responders X-ray Systems
- Small Aperture X-ray Systems
- Medium Aperture X-ray Systems
- Cargo Screening Systems
- People Screening (AIT) and Other Markets
- By 4 Revenue Sources:
- System Sales
- Aftersale Revenues
- Planning & Consulting Services
- Training Services
This X-ray Baggage, Cargo, People, Container & Vehicle Screening Systems: Global Market – 2016-2021 report is a resource for executives with interests in the industry. It has been explicitly customized for industry and urban decision-makers to identify business opportunities, develop technologies, market trends and risks, as well as to benchmark business plans.
Questions answered in this 3-volume 727-page report include:
- What will the market size be in 2016-2021?
- What are the main X-ray security screening technology trends?
- Where and what are the market opportunities?
- What are the market drivers and inhibitors?
- Who are the key vendors?
- What are the challenges to the X-ray security screening market?
The X-ray Baggage, Cargo, People, Container & Vehicle Screening Systems: Global Market – 2016-2021report presents in 727 pages, 147 tables and 253 figures, analysis of current and pipeline technologies and 24 leading vendors. The report, granulated into 12 vertical and horizontal submarkets, presents for each submarket 2015 data, 2016 estimated and the 2017-2021 projected market and technologies from several perspectives, including:
- Business opportunities and challenges
- SWOT analysis
- Market analysis (e.g., market dynamics, market drivers and inhibitors)
The report also presents:
- U.S. Government prices of more than 120 X-ray screening products
- 26 current and pipeline technologies:
Conventional 2D X-ray, Dual Energy X-ray, Quasi Dual Energy X-ray, Dual view LINAC-based container – vehicle screening systems, Variable View X-ray, Quasi 3-D Dual View Dual-Energy X-ray Imaging, Backscatter Screening, Coherent Scatter 2D X-ray, X-ray Diffraction, Single Photon Counting Based Dual-energy X-ray Screening, Dual energy LINAC-based container – vehicle screening systems, Multiple Beam Based X-ray Diffraction Explosives Detection, Advanced 2D Dual X-ray Backscatter Screening, Cabinet X-Ray Imaging, Small Angle Scattering with an X-ray Grating Interferometer Improvised Explosives Detection, Fused X-ray, Single view LINAC-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, Dual view LINAC-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, Dual view, Dual energy LINAC-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, Dual view Dual energy LINAC-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, Dual view, Dual energy LINAC-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, ,Single view Gamma-based Container – Vehicle Screening Systems, Dual energy X-ray postal items Screening Systems. Single energy X-ray postal items Screening Systems
- 24 Vendors:
3DX-RAY, Adani, American Science and Engineering, Analyzed Images, Astrophysics Inc., Auto Clear U.S., EG&G, Eurologix Security Ltd, Gilardoni SpA, L-3 Communications Security & Detection Systems, Leidos, Inc, LIXI Inc, MINXRAY Inc., Morpho Detection, NUCTECH Co. Ltd, Optosecurity, OSI Systems, Rapiscan Systems, Inc., SAIC, SCANNA MSC Ltd., Smiths Detection, Todd Research Ltd., Vidisco Ltd., Westminster International
For readers who wish to acquire more information: the report includes 13 in-depth appendices:
- Appendix A: Current X-ray Baggage, Cargo, People, Container & Vehicle Screening Technologies
- Appendix B: IATA Checkpoint of the Future: Main Concepts
- Appendix C: Business & Technological Opportunities & Challenges
- Appendix D: The X-ray Security Screening Market
- Appendix E: X-ray Security Systems Industry: Business Models & Strategies
- Appendix F: Cargo Facility Regulations
- Appendix G: Air Cargo Approved X-Ray Screening Systems (ACSTL)
- Appendix H: Authorized Air-Cargo Screening Facilities Roster
- Appendix I: IATA, Boeing & ICAO Air Travel and Air Cargo Forecast to 2034
- Appendix J: IATA Airport Screening Checkpoints Recommended
- Appendix K: Israel Ben Gurion Airport Security Procedures
- Appendix L: Improvised Explosives & Military Explosives
- Appendix M: Glossary