The IoT Cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) market is a new, highly competitive market in which the most relevant and well-funded software giants of the IoT are scaling up their capabilities quickly to compete. The market is also extremely unique: there is no other market where Alphabet, Amazon, GE, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and PTC directly compete (and partner) with one another. Although the market is relatively small in terms of revenue, it is growing at a rapid pace due to the scale of the players involved and the intensity of the race towards the end-to-end IoT-as-a-Service solution. This report examines the market for IoT Cloud PaaS, quantifying and qualifying market dynamics by vendor type, industry, region, and solution capability. It also includes an in-depth discussion of recent mergers and acquisitions, enduser trends, and vendor strategy.
What questions are addressed?
- What are the software components of an IoT Cloud PaaS, and what functions does a full solution provide?
- How do the leading vendors compare in terms of revenue ranking?
- How are the vendors from different functional backgrounds-Pure Play, IaaS, Enterprise SaaS, Mobile Network Operator, and Industrial Conglomerate-approaching the market? Which group has the advantage?
- What are the most innovative capabilities of leading IoT Cloud PaaS solutions?
- Which solutions and vendors are embedded engineers using currently, and which do embedded engineers expect to use on future projects?