• Market forces analysis of each of the major 802.15.4 markets including the following:
Smart Metering & Distributed Energy Resources
Entertainment RF Controls
Medical, Health & Wellness
Building Automation & Commercial Services
Industrial Automation, Logistics, Agriculture & Construction
Retail, Automotive and Others
• Application areas, or solutions, across each of the target markets above:
Health & Fitness
Safety, security and environmental monitoring
Condition monitoring/asset management
Technologies & Standards
• Extensive technology evaluation on 802.15.4 and variations such as Zigbee, RF4CE, Thread, JupiterMesh, Wi-SUN, WirelessHART, ISA100.11a and others
• Competing alternatives such as Bluetooth, WiFi, Z-Wave, EnOcean, Sigfox and LoRa
• Standards developments, emerging trends, and what it means for your critical stategic planning.
Market Sizing (2016-2022)
• Total addressable market sizing for wireless sensing and control and associated low power wireless applications.
• Global market size forecasts on 802.15.4 RFIC/modules including the following breakdowns:
• Target Markets
• Protocol (Zigbee, RF4CE, Thread/6LoWPAN, Other 802.15.4)
• Design Type (chipset vs RF module)
• In-depth analysis on the average sale price (ASP) per 802.15.4 module (or the OEM cost equivalent for in-house chipset based designs)
The 802.15.4 Value System
• Product segmentation: In-depth analysis and research data on over 100 companies that are having the biggest impact for the 802.15.4 market today in the following segments:
RF Modules/Network stacks
• Market Shares: 802.15.4 chipset market shares by units shipped in 2016
• Disruption & Sustainability: for each major 802.15.4 Component Supplier
Each company was evaluated using the following criteria:
• Current offerings, products and services
• Financials, partners, go-to-market strategy
• Protocols supported, chipset design, frequencies, tools, integration, software, key features...
• Evaluation on potential for disruption based on innovation, pricing, etc.
• Evaluation on potential for sustainability based on financials, strategic alliances and current market shares
For this report, ON World surveyed >2,000 individuals including the following:
Home service providers
Every quarter, ON World conducts hundreds of interviews with executives and product managers with leading manufacturers, software developers, component suppliers, and platform providers involved with low power wireless sensing and control markets.
A few of the surveyed/analyzed companies include:
Chipsets & Modules: Accent, Adaptive Network Solutions, Amber Wireless, Analog Devices, Anaren, ARM, Broadcom, CEL, connectBlue, DecaWave, Develco, Digi, GainSpan, Greenvity, Gridconnect, IDT, Laird, Lapis, Linear, Marvell, MEMSIC, Murata, Microchip, Millennial Net, Nanotron, Nivis, NXP, Panasonic, Qualcomm, Qorvos, Radiocrafts, RadioPulse, Renesas, RF Solutions, San Juan Software, Semtech, Silicon Labs, STMicro, Synapse, Talon, Telit, TI, TriTech, UBEC...
Devices, Software & Vertical Platforms: Actility, Ambient Systems, Arrayent, Ayla Networks, Care Innovations, Casambi, CenTrak, CentraLite, Computime, Comverge, Daintree, Digital Lumens, Distech Controls, Ecobee, EcoFactor, Enlighted, E-Senza, Kitu Systems, Helium, GreenWave, GEO, Golden Power, GridPoint, Icontrol Networks, Idosens, IJENKO, Jetlun, Laserlight, Mesh Systems, Muzzley, Nest Labs, NetVox, Onzo, PTC/ThingWorx, relayr, Rachio, Roc-Connect, RCS, RF Technologies, Silver Spring Networks, Stack Lighting, Trilliant, Sensolus, Sunpower, Tendril, There Corp., ThinkEco, Tridium, WellAware, Wink, Withings, Zonoff...
Multi-Market Platforms & Service Providers: ABB, Acuity Brands, Aclara, Amazon, AMX, AT&T, Belkin, Bosch, BG Hive, BP, Comcast, Control4, Cisco, Cree, Crestron, D-Link, Echelon, Eaton, Electrolux, Emerson, ESCO, Fujitsu, General Electric, Google, Haier Group, Haiwei, Halma, HP, Hitachi, Honeywell, Hubbell, IBM, Indesit, Ingersoll Rand, Itron, Johnson Controls, LEDvance, Leedarson, Legrand, Leviton, LG, Lowes, Lutron, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, National, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Schneider, Sensus, Siemens, Sharp, Stanley Black & Decker, Technicolor, Toshiba, Tyco, UTC, Whirlpool, Yale Security, Yokogawa...