This report provides a summary of IT systems management vendors' capabilities based on a quantitative assessment of their market impact and end user sentiment, as well as the technology features that they offer. Ovum also provides guidance for enterprises looking to deploy IT systems management solutions.
Scope of this research
- Provides an overview of the most important trends affecting the IT systems management market and influencing its competitive dynamics.
- Delivers an overall comparison of IT systems management vendors in terms of their technology, user sentiment and market impact.
- Presents a detailed view of each vendor's IT systems management offering and capabilities, as well as advice on their suitability for enterprises.
- The report covers the following IT systems management vendors: BMC, CA, EMC, Fujitsu, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Novell and Symantec.
Research and analysis highlights
Realizing the value from an IT systems management deployment is critically dependent upon the vendor's ability to execute the organization's overall information management, security and risk and compliance strategies. As such, a decision to purchase one solution over another should be based on a broad array of factors.
The decision matrix clearly shows that the market is still dominated by the established vendors known as the 'Big Four', namely BMC, CA, HP and IBM. All of these vendors have a marked technology advantage over their challengers and while the gap between them and vendors like EMC and Microsoft has narrowed somewhat, their lead remains significant.
Of the 'Shortlist' vendors, HP has the most noteworthy performance overall. HP has the top technology and market impact scores, and also outperforms its closest competitors in terms of end-user sentiment. The vendor has also successfully translated its competitive advantage into customer wins and revenue growth.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Gain detailed knowledge of IT systems management vendors' strengths with regards to technology, user sentiment and market impact.
- IT systems management vendors can benchmark their own performance against that of their competitors according to various key metrics.
- Enterprise IT managers will gain valuable insight to improve their IT systems management purchasing decisions.