This report, drawing on Analysys Mason’s survey of more than 4000 consumers in France, Germany, Poland and the UK, describes consumer usage of TV and online video services, with a specific focus on:
- TV, including free-to-air and pay TV
- Digital TV and additional products and services, such as HD, VoD, DVRs and place-shifting devices such as the SlingBox
- Online video services
- Types of video content.
It highlights the differences in the consumption of these products and services in individual countries and by various socio-demographic groups, such as age, gender, household size and employment status.
Video content survey: analysing TV and online video consumption answers your key questions.
- What are the main reasons for not subscribing to pay TV?
- What proportion of HDTV owners take HD content packages?
- Who is most likely to use VoD services?
- What are the most popular types of VoD content?
- Who owns DVRs and how are they used?
- Who watches video online, and what are the most popular types of long-form content on the Web?