The wireless penetration has reached 91% in the US in 2009. With billions of SMS messages sent every month in US alone, it has become the most effective and cost efficient mechanism to communicate and market. By surrounding the user with opportunities to connect, SMS can lead to multiple interactions over SMS or other mobile channels. Including SMS as part of application marketing is critical for user acquisition, retention and monetization.
This report evaluates the SMS ecosystem and value chain including components invested in the potential of SMS and supporting technologies. It provides a case study of companies who have benefitted from this service in infotainment services like music and games.
Key Questions Answered:
· Why is SMS important and relevant in the industry today?
· What is the architecture of a SMS system
· What is SMS ecosystem and value chain? Individual analysis - who are the players and who is doing what
· What are Short codes
· Future market prospect
· Company products and services using SMS
- Anyone seeking a better understanding of the Short Messaging Service (SMS) ecosystem and value chain
- Vendors and service providers offering SMS and SMS related products and services
- Investors, consultants, and analysists