• The report is based on primary survey research of more than 2,000 industry professionals who travelled at least once over a three month period. The research was conducted by WMI using its premium consumer panels.
• This report provides the reader with a definitive analysis of the outlook for the business travel sector and explores how opportunities and demand are set to change in 2012.
• This report forecasts business traveler expenditure on hotel accommodation, details trends in business travel and provides information on customer expectations of new technologies and services.
• Key topics covered include the forecast of expenditure on hotel accommodation, hotel selection criterion, customer expectations of new technologies, marketing initiatives and sustainability implementation.
“Global Business Traveler Survey 2012: Hotel Accommodation, Selection Criteria, and Customer Expectations of New Technology, Promotions and Services” is the result of an extensive multi-industry survey drawn from WMI’s exclusive panel of global business travelers. It contains in-depth analysis on global trends in hotel accommodation and forecasts how expenditure patterns are set to change in 2012. The report also benchmarks the types of hotels business travelers choose and identifies preferred modes and channels of hotel selection. This report also examines new technologies, green initiatives and socially responsible measures that appeal to business travelers and also analyzes the key drivers and popular promotional offers which influence business travelers to choose a particular hotel. Survey results have been presented and analyzed based on travel frequency, age, gender and company turnover.
The report features the opinions of hotel industry consumer respondents related to the following:
• Average stay at business hotels
• Change in expenditure on hotel accommodation
• Popular hotel types and preferred modes of hotel selection
• Importance of green certifications and key sustainable facilities
• Critical social responsibility initiatives
• Major technology features and key drivers influencing online reservations
• Importance of mobile technology services
• Key drivers of frequent visits and popularity of promotional offers
• Strategic initiatives for repeat business
Reasons To Buy
• Effectively examine business traveler perceptions on the average length of stay in a hotel, the change in hotel accommodation expenditures and determine business growth opportunities.
• Identify popular hotel types, preferred modes of hotel selection and key channels for research to allocate marketing resources for better return on investment.
• Explore business traveler affinity towards green certifications and sustainability initiatives and successfully implement them into hotel operations.
• Understand customer perceptions of new technology, drivers influencing online reservations and the growing importance of mobile technologies to enhance customer retention and direct sales.
• Identify the key features of business hotels which influence frequent visits and formulate marketing strategies to win business.
• Survey results show that 30% of respondents across different industry verticals expect expenditure on hotel accommodations to be ‘21–30%’ of the overall travel expenditure of their organizations.
• Company recommendation, online search, hotel reviews and regular brand are identified as the preferred mode of hotel selection.
• Business traveler respondents favor high speed Internet, Wi-Fi technology, flat screen televisions, satellite televisions and full service business centers when choosing a hotel.
• Complimentary breakfast, adequate room furnishings and fixtures and airport transfers are considered the key contributing factors towards frequent visits.